Arielle. Not like the mermaid (The first thing anyone says when I introduce myself). But I do like scuba diving and other under the sea adventures.
On Adventures of Arielle, I write about travel. The usual stuff, things to do, what to see, how to get there, and how to find cheap ways of doing it. But I have flair and determination to find the off the beaten track experiences. I love a road trip so you’ll find road trip guides.
Or, I love adventure. So, you’ll find guides about bungee jumping or skydiving or just about any adrenaline-fueled activity that I can find.
I’ve travelled a lot with my friends and a bit with my family. But lately, I’ve been travelling with my partner. He is one of those people who always wanted to travel but never did because he isn’t a planner. Enter me. So I’ll talk about these types of travel too.
I believe that travel is one of the best educations a person could get. Yes, reading about the Greek Gods is interesting but actually getting to see the Acropolis?!? Much better than a book.
Or, that time I was reading Angels and Demons right after getting back from Rome. I was able to visualize all of the monuments Dan Brown was discussing because I had personally been there!! Much better than googling some pictures.
I want to help you get to experience these things too. And more! I want you to eat the foods of the world and drink the national drinks. I want you to hear the screaming, excited fans at a sporting event. Or, whatever it is that you want from the world. I want to help you get it.
When I’m not working on my blogs (www.CanadiansDownUnder.com) is all about my year in Australia on a Working Holiday Visa), you’ll usually catch me with my nose in a book. Or trying to learn some new bit of information. But, most likely, you’ll find me planning my next trip.
To get you travelling.
8 Things to Know About Me
- I have an honours degree in psychology. No, I cannot analyze you. I used to want to get a Ph.D. and become a registered psychologist. Now, I’m not so sure. I’m thinking I’ll try social work next. Unless of course this whole blogging thing works out.
- Maybe it’s the former aspiring psychologist in me, maybe it’s just the way I feel society should be. But, I do occasionally talk about mental health on this blog. I know, it breaks from the travel niche a little bit but I still think it’s important to talk about. And travel can be related to mental health. Just watch me do it. Break the mental health stigma!It’s okay to not be okay.
- I took intro Spanish in university, longer ago than I care to admit, and now I’m trying to relearn and continue learning Spanish. Feel free to speak very basic Spanish to me to help me practice.
- I’ll tell you a little secret… it is so hard for me not to pet the stray cats! Sometimes I do it. I know, I know, diseases but I just want to love them so much! I wish that I could take every stray animal I meet on my travels home with me. Es esi.
- I know that I am awesome but that doesn’t stop me from frequently feeling out of place.
- My favourite city in the whole world is New York. I’ve never missed anything in life like I miss that damn city (Including lovers).
- This blog has undergone multiple transformations. First, I tried too hard to do too many things and to be someone I wasn’t. Actually, that was mostly the entire problem with the early versions. It is probably the sometimes feeling out of place that caused me to write in a way that was not me. The version you are seeing now, is the version I am finally proud of. I’ve removed the old posts and am finally just going to focus on travel here.
- I can sing the alphabet backwards. This has only come in handy once. In Girl Guides when I was about 11.
Indonesia, Australia, Egypt, France, Peru, Ecuador, Cuba, Spain, England, Portugal, Mexico, Greece, Italy, Tunisia, Finland, Turkey, United States of America (I love Vegas), Jamaica, The Bahamas and of course my home country is Canada.
For as long as I can remember, I have had the desire to see the world. This has led me to a few different places with many more on my list. But for now, Australia! Next, maybe New Zealand. And then maybe Japan. It never ends, you see.
Now, I would love to hear about you! What is your number one bucket list trip? What is your favourite city? Where are you going next? What’s your favourite thing about travel? What’s stopping you from travelling more? Or what’s your favourite food? I just want to get to know you.
LET’S BE FRIENDS:
Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and like my Facebook page. Please sign up for my mailing list which will give monthly tips on how to thrive. If you have any questions or just want to chat please feel free to email me. Or feel free to contact me directly via email!